Available in every kitchen, daily intake of tomatoes not only boosts up your health but also improves the flavor of food. They can be effective in improving eyesight, boosting your stomach health, preventing urinary tract infections, protecting you from developing cancer, and reducing blood pressure.
Apart from improving your health, they also help to enhance your beauty thanks to their beauty-enhancing properties. They are high in lycopene, a strong antioxidant that helps to protect the skin from the ultraviolet rays, thereby slowing down the skin aging and preventing skin cancer. They also have vitamin C, vitamin A, and astringent and cooling properties. Therefore, add tomatoes to your beauty routine to get a beautiful hair and skin.
1. Remove Dead Skin Cells
When it comes to the beauty benefits of tomatoes for skin, don’t forget their ability to remove the dead skin cells, which will aid in giving you a glowing, clear, and radiant skin. In addition, the nourishing effects of vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K in this fruit will enhance your skin.
- Simply, grind a few tomatoes with the seeds in a mixer and then add 1 teaspoon of white or brown sugar to it. Now, apply this scrub to the face and gently massage in a circular motion.
- Or, you can also cut a fresh tomato into two halves and then sprinkle sugar on it. Now, gently scrub the skin with these slices to remove dead skin cells and obtain a fresh and clean skin.
Follow either of these methods for 1 time per week.
2. Prevent Signs Of Aging
Tomato helps to prevent signs of aging and offers a natural skin treatment for keeping the skin healthy. Using tomato makes your skin look younger by giving more oxygen to it. It is better for you to eat tomatoes because they have lycopene, an antioxidant that works as a sunscreen to protect the skin from inside. Also, these antioxidants help to give the glow to your skin and combat the damage of cells, making this fruit a good anti-aging agent.
- Firstly, add the pulp of a ripe avocado and a tomato in a blender and then blend them to form a smooth paste.
- Next, apply the paste to your face and leave it on for around 20 minutes.
- Finally, rinse off the paste with lukewarm water and then use a soft towel to gently pat your face dry.
- You ought to use this method for once a week.
Or, you can also drink a cup of tomato juice every day to nourish your skin.
3. Shrink Large Skin Pores
Because the large skin pores give an easy access to grime and dirt, they will increase the risk of acne and blemishes. If you suffer from this skin problem, use tomatoes to get rid of it. Tomatoes act as a great natural astringent that aids in tightening your skin and shrinking the large skin pores. In addition to reducing the skin pores, tomatoes also help to make dark spots lighter, giving you a bright and young skin.
- At first, add 2 teaspoons of tomato juice to a small bowl.
- Then, mix it with a few drops of lime juice.
- Next, rinse your face with clean water and then liberally apply this mixture to your face with a clean cotton ball.
- Now, allow the mixture to stand on for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse off the mixture with cold or cool water and then pat your skin dry using a clean and soft towel.
- Repeat this treatment for twice per week.
4. Prevent Sunburn
According to an article in the Prevention Magazine, people who eat 5 tablespoons of tomato paste per day within 3 consecutive months are naturally protected from the sunburn. If you have a sunburn skin, you can also treat it by applying tomato to the affected areas. According to a study in the Nutrition Journal in 2001, dietary tomato paste prevents the erythema induced by ultraviolet rays.
- Simply, make a paste by combining 1 tablespoon of tomato pulp and 1 teaspoon of yogurt in a bowl. Then, apply this paste to the skin and leave it on for half an hour. Finally, wipe it off. While tomato cools your skin, yogurt offers a protein boost to give you a soft and supple skin.
5. Treat Acne
Using tomatoes is also a good treatment for people who suffer from acne problems. Vitamin C and A are common ingredients in many ointments and medicines treating acne. Moreover, tomatoes are high in acidic that helps to get rid acne and rashes very effectively. If you suffer from any of these skin problems, apply the tomato pulp to your face.
- Firstly, mash a tomato and then spread its pulp on your affected area. Next, leave it on the skin for about 20 to 30 minutes. Finally, rinse off the pulp with lukewarm water. Do this method for 2 to 3 times a day.
- Or, you mix equal parts of cucumber juice and tomato juice. Then, dip a clean cotton ball in this mixture and apply it to your affected skin. Now, allow it to dry naturally and then wash off the solution with lukewarm water. Follow this method for twice daily. This method is also good for people who want to fade away acne scars.
6. Natural Bleaching Agent
As you know, tomato works as a great natural bleaching agent, so it is very helpful in brightening your skin tone.
- Firstly, prepare a face mask by mixing 1/2 tablespoon of oatmeal, 1/2 tablespoon of yogurt, and 1 tablespoons of tomato pulp.
- Then, apply this mask to the face & neck and wait for about 20 minutes. While oatmeal gently exfoliates your skin, yogurt and tomato will aid in clearing the blemishes. This improves your skin complexion.
7. Treat Oily Hair
The natural acidic property of tomatoes is effective in balancing the pH level of your scalp, which helps to control the excess secretion of oil. In addition, it also helps to get rid of the bad odor, one of the common symptoms of oily hair.
- Firstly, wash your hair and then apply tomato juice to your scalp.
- Next, leave it on for about 12 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your hair using cool water.
- Follow this method for once or twice per week.
8. Treat dandruff and itching scalp
Tomatoes also help to cure itchy scalp & dandruff. An itchy scalp & dandruff can result in other scalp problems, such as eczema and scalp psoriasis. This fruit has a high content of vitamin C, which can combat dandruff and give collagen for developing the proper tissue of your scalp.
- At first, take the pulp of 2 to 3 tomatoes.
- Then, add 2 tablespoons of lime juice to this pulp and mix them well to create a smooth paste.
- Now, gently apply the paste to the scalp. Remember not to scratch your scalp with your nails.
- After that, leave it on for half an hour.
- Finally, rinse your hair using clean water and allow it to dry naturally.
I have recently given you a few of amazing beauty benefits of tomatoes for skin & hair and hope that this article is useful for you!
This guest post is by Hang Pham, a blogger with over 10 years of experience on searching the best home remedies for skin and health problems.